Products Overview - February 19, 2019
The Warren & Brown SC/APC Mechanical Field Assembly Optical Connector (FAOC) is designed with a compact size in order to fits small size terminal boxes or fibre distribution frames, when terminated with bare fibre or 0.9mm jacket cable. It can be used with various singlemode fibre cable types. The FAOC is made with high precision and quality zirconia ferrule, and provides a highly reliable connection in the fibre optic network application.
Benefits & Features:
How to use:
1. Insert the boot.
2. Strip the 900µm buffer cable, exposing 40mm of 125µm fibre.
Note: inserting the boot after cleaving the fibre may damage the fibre’s end face and may result in excessive insertion loss.
3. Mark the 900µm buffer cable measuring 5mm from the stripped end.
4. Wipe off the debris and dust on the fibre with cleaning alcohol.
5. Cleave the 125µm fibre using a fibre cleaver, leaving 12mm of fibre.
6. Strip the 900µm jacket on the 5mm mark, exposing 5mm of 250µm fibre coating.
7. Remove the unlocking jig from the connector body prior to inserting the fibre. Attach connector to the VFL. Prepare fibre then switch on laser.
Note: when inserting the fibre into the connector, hold the cable 70 – 80mm from the stripped end.
8. Insert fibre into connector with a bend. A minimum low reflection light ensures optimum connection is being made.
9. Press the connector to lock fibre into position.
10. Fit the boot and replace the dust cap.
|Classification||Length||Cable Size||WBT Part No.||Body Colour||Boot Colour|
|SC/A Soft Boot||44mm||0.25mm (bare fibre) / 0.9mm||6659320005||Green||Grey|
|Fibre / Cable||Size (mm)||SC|
|SC Hard Boot||SC Soft Boot 44||SC Folder Boot 56||SC Universal 51|