This kit contains a complete set of items that enable optical fibre connectors and through connectors/adapters to be quickly cleaned in a safe and effective manner. Replacement items are available separately.
The cleaning solvent is Iso-Propyl Alcohol (IPA). Two small containers (e.g. 2 x 50ml bottles) are included in the Cleaning Kit. This fluid is flammable, and the vapors can be harmful. Observe the following precautions:
- Wear full protective clothing e.g. overalls, and use eye protection.
- Mechanically ventilate work area before starting, and during work activities.
- Avoid skin contact. Wear suitable nitrile gloves or similar.
- Wash hands before smoking, eating, drinking, or using the toilet. Wash protective clothing before reusing.
- Use in well ventilated areas, away from all ignition sources.
- No naked flames or smoking.
- Keep container closed. Keep away from sources of ignition
- Ventilate the area, to avoid build-up of fumes
- Liquid – Absorb with a paper towel, or vermiculite. Evaporate, and burn paper
- Solid – Sweep up and incinerate
Use fine water spray of fog
- Ii Danger of violent reaction or explosion
- Iii Wear breathing apparatus for fire only
- Iv Dilute spills
- V Evacuatepeople, if required