What is a Fibre Distribution Hub?
Fibre distribution hub (FDH) is a robust and cost-effective optical fibre enclosure that provides the connection between fibre optic cables and passive optical splitters in the FTTH and FTTx networks. It makes it easy and fast to service connections and reconfigurations and serves as a testing point in the outside plant network.
The Warren & Brown Fibre Distribution Hub (FDH) protects individual fibres from all types of external elements and comes with the following features:
- 288, 432 576 or 1,152 patching capacity units available
- Serve up to 192 homes
- 3-point locking mechanism
- Robust and rust proof body that is resistant to outside elements
- 4” standard riser base (optional 12” riser base also available)
- Good accessibility to rear incoming fibres
- Concealed hinges, nuts and bolts for security
- Wind stay to keep door from closing
- Clearview cassette houses each 12-fibre increment of patch only or patch and splice, protecting the fibres
- 100% tested GR-326 compliant terminations