How to select the right FOBOT?
There are a few things to consider when selecting your FOBOT. What is right for someone else may not be for you. Some things to consider are:
- Density required. How many cables and connectors will you be running through the FOBOT?
- What FOBOT type is most suitable for you in terms of access required and budget? Is it the fixed, swing or slide model?
- Will you be splicing fibre optic cables, or will you use a pre-terminated patch only solution?
- What type of rack are you mounting your FOBOT in? Will it be rear or front-mounted?
- Do you need singlemode or multimode solution?
- Does your environment require dust protection?
- What type of connector will you be using? E.g. LC, SC, etc.
The Warren & Brown 1RU and 2RU rack mount fibre enclosures (FOBOT’s) provide an effective and economical means of splicing and patching incoming cables, pigtails and patch cords.
Made from high-quality steel, and featuring sturdy sliding rails, multiple cable entry locations, as well as the necessary labelling and accessories, these FOBOT’s are an effective solution for any high-speed optical network.
All optical connectivity feature high specification optics with guaranteed low loss performance.
- Splice & patch slide-out FOBOTs
- Patch only slide-out FOBOTs
- Splice & patch slide-out angled FOBOTs
The HypaConnect FOBOTs are provided as a complete solution, including:
- Rackmount, sliding enclosure FOBOT
- 19” mounting brackets
- Adaptor plates with pre-installed fibre optic through adaptors
- Pigtail kits
- Heatshrink splice protectors
- Splice trays
- Labelling kit with optional front management tray
- Velcro wrap and other accessories
Benefits & features:
- 3 x LGX based adaptor plates for 1RU and 6 x LGX based adaptor plates for 2RU FOBOTs
- Coloured pigtail kits included with every splice and patch version. E.g. 24 fibre FOBOTs contain, 2 x 12F pigtail kits
- Multimode and Singlemode fibre options
- Low, medium and high-density configurations
- Optional front cable management panel
- Provided with all mounting, splicing and cable management accessories required