To welcome you back, we thought it might be helpful to give you a full update on cabling standards and requirements from the last year. If you operate within the ICT industry, this will be extremely useful for you.
AS/CA S008:2020 (requirements for customer cabling products)
- Applies to cable, cabling products and connecting hardware
- Customer side of the network boundary
AS/CA S009:2020 (installation requirements for customer cabling, Wiring Rules)
- Applies to the installation and maintenance practises that must be followed
- Includes the requirements for fixes or concealed cabling or equipment
- Covers anything that is connected or is intended to be connected to a telecommunications network
Mandatory Standards Update includes:
- Revised flammability and fire-stopping
- Updates to fibre requirements and warning labels
- Pit access updates for trafficable locations
- Updated network boundaries criteria
- New remote powering and electrical energy source terminology
- ES3 generic cabling added
- Difference requirements for generic, structures and application specific cabling
Please click on the image below to see the full presentation by Chris Molloy.
Chris has over 30 years of experience in telecoms and has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry. A Master Instructor in RCDD and ITS Programs (Registered Communications Distribution Designer, Information Technology Systems), Chris has spent 20 years as a trainer and delivered training programs in Australia and internationally.